AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little Chef logo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Little Chef logo Reply with quote

Did anyone read in the press recently about Little Chef and their plans to 'slim down' their mascot?!

Apparently, it was to bring themselves more in to line with today's pre-occupation with healthy eating. It's said that the planned changes to the logo are not going to go ahead afterall, because 15,000 people complained.

I find that difficult to believe and can't help thinking that this is just a bit of media spin to get some free publicity... what do you think? If it is just a story for the sake of a story, is this kind of marketing at all effective?

(There's more on the Brand Republic website here.)

Paul
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is so cute(I'm not homosexual, but he is very very cute). If he loses weight, he will lose less cute and charming.
MikeH
President
President

747 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think 'who gives a monkeys'. If you are driving and get hungry you will stop a little chef if it's convenient. I personally would not go out of my way to find a little chef with a slimmed down logo. I appreciate that there will be many of you that will provide arguments for and against in terms of marketing, image, public opinion etc. At the end of the day if you want to stop and pay over the top prices for poor food that is your prerogative. Take some sandwiches, save money and be healthy.

Perhaps they could use the aardvark above as a logo. Might need to slim down though Very Happy

Mike.
Eagle
President
President

659 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol...Little Chef...

more like... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum