AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS Vs Novell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIZAL
Executive
Executive

10 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: MS Vs Novell Reply with quote

Hi

I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the Novell Vs MS battle that Microsfoft have been winning for some time.

IBM have launched a SuSe LINUX PC and Dell are also moving that way. Is Novell actualy going to make a come back and start taking market share of Bill Gates?
+44 (0) 845 226 3370
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm rather surprised IBM don't bring back OS/2 although with a bit more marketting budget. As for Novell, I don't really know what their up to these days but I'd guess if they've got back to the Netware stuff they might have advantages over Windows 2003 and such on a purely technical level.

Biggest problem is most people coming out of Uni. are probably more familiar with Windows and therefore getting Novell trained people to run the networks could be hard and expensive.

Trev
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Biggest problem is most people coming out of Uni. are probably more familiar with Windows and therefore getting Novell trained people to run the networks could be hard and expensive.

Well, I believe this is one of reasons why Novell acquired Suse(while it still can). Novell is not exactly gaining market share. It doesn't really matter if they have great product or not; they need to have a product that can sell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum