AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JavaScript cash register?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: JavaScript cash register? Reply with quote

I (probably) need to make a cash register application. A very simple one. The store owner just selects an item from the drop down menu. Upon selection, its price shows up. Item number is initially set to 1, but you can change it to 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. This automatically calculates the subtotal. If the customer purchases many items, then all subtotals get added up and it calculates the total. Maybe, this thing needs to calculate the sales tax or something, but pretty simple.

Also the store owner needs to print this out.

q1. Is one of the easiest way to make this to use JavaScript and make it into an online / web application?

q2. I'm guessing that more than a handful of people use something like this. Isn't there already a JavaScript cash register application somewhere? Does anyone know?

I'd greatly appreciate any input on this.
Neilson
President
President

695 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want to use JavaScript?? Does this post relate you your other post? (Desktop vs Web Based) If s, I would definitely go web based. If the client has a spare computer, I would put a web server (IIS) and database (SQL Server 2005) on and hook it up to their network. Personally, I'd do it in ASP.net 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neilson wrote:
Why do you want to use JavaScript?? Does this post relate you your other post? (Desktop vs Web Based) If s, I would definitely go web based. If the client has a spare computer, I would put a web server (IIS) and database (SQL Server 2005) on and hook it up to their network. Personally, I'd do it in ASP.net 2.0 and SQL Server 2005.

What's wrong with Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum