Joined: 29 Nov 2008
|Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:52 am Post subject: What are GOALS? How does one achieve his goal?
|What are Goals?
Goals in life can be compared to what a GOAL in football (soccer) means.
It is an end result of a particular action!!!! One player passes the ball to another. The second passes it to the third which is intercepted by a player from the other team. Again your team player snatches it from the other team member & kicks it with full force towards the goal. The goalie in the other team, fails to catch hold of the ball & your team scores a GOAL.
Here your team members can be categorised as your Strengths.
The opposition constitute what we call Obstacles to a goal.
The scoring of a Goal is the ultimate aim which the Goal was meant to achieve.
To set a Goal one has to keep in mind the following points:
1. Clarity: One should have a clear vision as to what the GOAL is supposed to achieve. Goals should not be ambiguous.They should aim at something definite. Try & quantify goals as far as possible."I want to score 90 marks in the examination sounds much better than I want to score the maximum marks in class"
2. Planning: Proper planning must go into the setting up of a goal.
If my aim is to score 90 marks in a competitive examination, a detailed plan needs to be prepared as regards
Allocation of time for reading,
Subjects where one is weak need to be concentrated more on & those which one finds easy should be kept for the end.
People who can teach the weaker subjects need to be sought out.....
Proper planning will ensure that you reach your Goal with least glitches.
3. Time Bound: Goals should always be time bound. Any thing that aint time bound is always found to linger on & on & on... Goals should be classified as Short Term & Long Term.
4. Always plan your goals in such a manner that they are neither too easy to achieve nor are they too hard on you.
This is because if the goal can be achieved easily, one loses interest in it. On the other hand a tough goal can easily seem to be an insurmountable task leading to one abandoning the goal.
5. In case of Long term Goals, the best way to achieve them is by breaking them into shorter ones & allocating a timespan within which the goal should be achieved.
We shall discuss many more such techniques in the upcoming posts.