AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do in a Bad Economy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicity-giant
Executive PA
Executive PA

72 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: What to do in a Bad Economy Reply with quote

Business had slowed down for me. I suspected that it was because of the economy. I am going to list some of the things that I did to bring sales back to normal again in hopes that others can learn from what I did.

1. Update everything on your web site and make it fresh. Often we get behind on the look and feel of our web site and it gets old and stale! Change templates, get a new logo, make everything more exciting and fresh. I suggest changing the look and feel of your site every six months. When things are growing rapidly, I will sometimes get a whole new look every 3 months. This build excitement and keeps you competitive.

2. Examine your business niche and focus. How do your services compare to your competitors. Is it obvious how you are unique, different and better? If not change immediately so that it is obvious that you are an innovator an not just a follower.

3. Update testimonials on your web site. This makes a huge difference.

4. Is it obvious that you are running a legitimate business? Do you have a physical address, phone and email listed on your site? If you hide these it will make customers suspicious!

5. Improve your SEO. Make sure that you don't have any old pages that are indexed. Get rid of duplicate content on your site. Examine the code on each page to make sure it is clean.

6. Re-write your advertisement. Has it been years since you re-wrote all of your advertisements? This could be a major problem! Re-write all ads and re-test.

Mostly this whole thing about the economy being bad is just a psychological thing. It is an excuse for lazy people to not get innovative and start trying new things to become more competitive.

Anyone have anything to add to this?
adeptsupport
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing is constant in this world except change...that goes to marketing strategy also.
publicity-giant
Executive PA
Executive PA

72 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"nothing is constant in this world except change...that goes to marketing strategy also" Very good advice! you must always be changing, refining, making better. Innovation is very important.
Ashley2
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have said it all. Change and innovation are the best recipe to boosting sales. Also accepting credit cards through a reliable payment processor on your site if you've not been doing so can boost sales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum