AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smilies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Smilies Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that, due to popular demand, we have now added a stack of smilies to the phpBB default. Instead of there being only the 22 default smilies to select, there are now more than 100 to choose from.

To see the full range, simply click on "View more Emoticons" when posting a message.

You'll find something for pretty much every imaginable occasion, along with a few rather unique ones...!

Loo

Enjoy using them, but remember to use them sparingly... (since posts which over-use smilies will be edited or removed entirely).

Thanks and kind regards

Aaron
jfslenes
Executive
Executive

193 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Who Is This Aaron? Reply with quote

Let's see, you added 100 smilies, because everyone wanted them...
But you don't want them "overused"......
Now, what is "overused"?
One per post? We'll never see all of them.
Ten per post? What the HELL difference does it make!

You people must be bureaucrats. Get a job with the government. You ant the forum to grow (supposedly). Well let it grow. The more complex you try to make the rules, the more work it is to moderate the forums, the less fun they'll be, etc. In IBM's heydey days, they had a good saying - "THINK".

Well, that's my two cents.
--------
(yet another advertisement removed)
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

The rules are not complex. We don't allow advertising other than in sig files, or if you are directly answering someone's question.

With regard to smilies, I assume you are referring to this thread. It's plain for all to see what is and isn't excessive. There's no hard and fast rule, but you overstepped the line. A smilie or two - or perhaps even three in longer posts - is usually more than ample.

In any case, it's not so much the overuse of smilies that is the main problem with your posts. It's the fact that you've repeatedly posted advertisements across not just these forums, but also across Aardvark Sport and Aardvark Travel.

You've decided to contest our rules on more than one occasion, and are doing so publicly once more here, and so I'm banning you from all the forums. You were given fair warning. Rolling Eyes

Aaron
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to our correspondence, John... your ban has been lifted. I am trusting you to use the forums responsibly now, so please don't let me down.

Aaron
Johnarthur
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luv all the new smiles! But for some people ( like John above ), They complain just to complain.I think I have a smile that will fit him quite well ..... Argue or Oddball ...You decide.

John A
5,000/wk-Guru's special "Secret" Revealed
Review4Cash
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really new, though, are they? You've dug up a post which is more than 5 years old....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> AardvarkBusiness.net Board Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum