AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet Marketing Secrets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranag
Temp

10 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Internet Marketing Secrets Reply with quote

If you're developing a new website, or just want to improve the natural search results of an existing website, there are a few Internet marketing secrets you need to know - especially those that can provide a significant boost to your rankings.

I have seen various statistics, but one thing is clear, Google is the dominant player of search - commanding approximately 60% of all search engine traffic. Ask any marketing expert where he or she would spend their search engine optimization efforts and they will undoubtedly say "Google". Do what you can to rank well on Google. As a result, you will see results on other search engines as well.

One of the simplest Internet marketing secrets you can put into effect immediately is to register your domain name for 3 years. Many individuals who begin a web-based business register for one year only. You must realize however that Google is in the business of generating quality results from legitimate businesses. If you're an established business, chances are that your web site has been up for more than a year. Google likes to see longevity and commitment. If you plan to be around for some time, register your domain for three years and show Google that you're in business to stay
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rot.

I'd like to see the proof that registering a domain name for three years rather than just one gives you better results in the SERPs.

Where is it, please? Rolling Eyes
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people know that the age of a domain (ie its history) is part of the Google algo:

http://searchenginewatch.com/3627757

But I've never heard of the possible future of a domain counting for anything. What's to stop anyone registering it for three years and moving on after a few months? More expensive than a one year registration, certainly, but a relatively small price to pay if it really did give your sites a real boost.

I too would be interested to see the evidence.
mindblend
PA
PA

26 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of those myths about SEO that the longer your domain is regged, the more highly google thinks of it.

If there is any significance in my opinion it is minute compared to the myriad of on and offpage factors that make up the bulk of getting good rankings.

I've been involved with domains regged for 10+ years that have not had great SERPs and with doms registered for a year that have been #1 for competitive search terms.
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google filed a US Patent App (20050071741) which apparently (I have not read this, so I could be talking rubbish) says “Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain and, thus, the documents associated therewith.”¯

All well and good of course, but that doesn't mean that Big G actually uses that as a method of ranking. Just that they could.
jaesonlewis
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you confused, frustrated and fed up about lack of traffic and sales to your website? Are you still looking for effective ways to promote your website and make money online but nothing is working? In order to harness the power of Internet marketing and website marketing, you need to realise which methods work best for you. And you will never know if you don't try. Start by using a marketing technique like search engine optimization, article writing or pay per click advertising for instance and stick to it.

After you are successful with one and have mastered it quite well, move on to the next. Don't try to do everything at once or you'll fail. Just concentrate on just one strategy and give it all you can, you will be surprised by the results. And don't get discouraged by the first obstacle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum