AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On page and Off page optimizaion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cameronaggarwal
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: On page and Off page optimizaion Reply with quote

Hi can anybody plz tell me the difference between on page and off site optimization and how many techniques are used in these......
Journey
PA
PA

49 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On page optimization deals with working on on-page elements (inside your site) such as
Unique title tags, H1s/headlines, content, alt tags, anchor texts, links, internal navigation

While off-page optimization focuses on things beyond your website, such as building links and site promotions....
Jeperry
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journey wrote:
On page optimization deals with working on on-page elements (inside your site) such as
Unique title tags, H1s/headlines, content, alt tags, anchor texts, links, internal navigation

While off-page optimization focuses on things beyond your website, such as building links and site promotions....

Yes,

In other words you can handle on page optimization according to you, but in off page optimization you can do nothing. You will follow only a certain way for off page optimization and remaining all things are completed depend on editor or admin of sites in which you are submitting your link or trying to get a backlinks.

Thanks Smile
AndreyW
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About on site optimization i can remember of 2 points:
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - title, discription, keywords, search engine friendly content
Writting articles - in the meaning of increasing the website content

About off site optimization:
Submissions to directories and search engines
Posts to forums and blogs
Classified ads
Static banner and link exchange
Placing articles to other websites
Social web

And!Idea Don't forget about off LINE optimization - putting the website link everywhere in addition to your phone number and address or even instead of them. Smile
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point about offline optimisation Andrey. Maybe things like: pens, lighters, post-it pads, bookmarks etc.
AndreyW
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem that google will not count off line links Very Happy
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it's difficult - if not impossible - to measure the benefits but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not worthwhile. It can still help to publicise your site and get eyeballs on it.

One of the cheapest offline ways we've used recently is bookmarks. One tactic we used with them was to go into a second-hand bookseller in Penang, browsed his store, bought a couple of books, got chatting, and then I offered him a stack of them to give to his customers as free gifts when they bought books from him. I've no idea if it worked but it didn't cost much.

Why did I do that in a second-hand shop? Because most likely the owner was in there, unlike the larger bookshop chains where no one would be able to make any decisions, and would probably have corporate bookmarks to give away anyway.

Perhaps mine got chucked in the bin after I left the shop, but the owner seemed pleased enough to be able to give away a little something extra at no cost to himself. (It was the type of shop to be frequently by expats and tourists so it was reasonably targeted.)
Leadership Expert
Executive PA
Executive PA

56 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a general guide as to which is the most important.

I recently started some SEO for a local company and I had NO access to the website at all. i could ONLY do external SEO. Within 4 weeks it was #1 for the chosen couple of terms. This shows the power of SEO. He didn't even have his keyword in the URL or Title, and yet it still worked.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive, Si - and believable. But I won't ask you to share your tactics. Twisted Evil

The term SEO is bandied around like it's some kind of magical alchemy. I think most of us can do things to improve our situations and perhaps don't need the 'gurus' to help us. What do you think about that?
Leadership Expert
Executive PA
Executive PA

56 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, what I despise about the SEO world is that as my example shows. Aside from some Obvious bits of on-page seo like having a good title, link building is the most important thing.

But yet... go onto any SEO blog such as Joast... and it's all about the other factors. Lets face it 'Go out and get links' isn't very magical, and it doesn't sound like a quick fix, so it's not very appealing, so these bloggers just talk about all the more exotic yet rubbish seo ideas, and offer 'quick fix' plugins that will only marginally improve your SEO success.

I use about 4 main ways to gain external links. 2 of these are quick fixes - I know a seperate indian guy for each that I simply pay, and he does. (Nothing black hat don't worry). The other 2, I prefer to spend my time doing. I generally keep these secret, which of course just sends people back onto the crappy blogs for answers. PM me and I'll share with you my strategy however.

It's also worth noting that after shooting up to #1 after a few weeks, he fell to page 5 3 weeks later, and has now steadily crawled back up to page 1. I haven't been doing any SEO work in the interim, this is all just the Google Algorithm playing around. I think that after a month or two, he'll've matured back to the top position however.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know anything about SEO, I just fly by the seat of my pants. Very Happy It's all ad hoc and guesswork for me.

I don't know if any of the gurus could do it better. Cool
sunitachrist
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: difference between off page and on page optimisation Reply with quote

On-page Optimization and off- page Optimization are a part of the Search Engine Optimization process to increase website traffic. There is a big difference between the two. Understanding these Optimization techniques is of vital importance if Search engine Optimization is the preferred tool for online promotion of business to create more website traffic.

You should consider two factors before choosing On-page Optimization or off- page Optimization. The first is that you should be able to provide search engines what they need and also provide the required information to the users. The type of on- page and off- page.

Search engines evaluate websites based on a number of on- page and off- page Optimization factors. On-page Optimization is the process by which elements of a website are so designed such the website qualifies for a high ranking when specific keyword(s) or keyword phrases are typed. On page optimization is just a part of the optimization process and will not guarantee your website a good ranking unless off –page optimization is also in place. Therefore, both on-page and off-page optimization techniques have to work in tandem with each other. On-page optimization should also occur in each and every page of the website.

The first step in on-page optimization would be to identify the target keyword(s) or keyword phrases. Keywords should be then inserted in the web page URL, title tags, Meta tags, headlines, sub headlines and body text. The factors to be considered in on-page optimization are keyword density, whether keywords lie at the beginning of the page, page content, boldly highlighted words, words in the links, site navigation and the structure of links among others. However in the On-page Optimization techniques for increasing website traffic there is a risk of over optimization resulting in your website getting qualified as spam. Therefore stuffing of keywords in the content of your website should be strictly avoided.

Off- page Optimization are the techniques employed by a website which are done “off the web page” to improve its search engine page rank and therefore increase its website traffic. There area number of off-page factors to be considered in off-page optimization. There are three main areas in off page optimization, namely, IBL- inbound links to your site, directory Listings- which directories feature your site user statistics. You can check the number of sited linking to your own site by using an IBL checker. These checkers enable you to see which sites have linked to you as recognized by the search engines like Google, yahoo and MSN. However the links identified by Google will be different and smaller. This is because Google feels that just the total volume of links is not an indicator of the attractiveness of your website as web owners can buy hundreds of links from link farms leading to spamming.

Therefore, Google has other criterion with which to judge the inbound links to your site. Page rank is one of them. There are a number of factors considered in a page rank for it to be considered attractive enough by Google for potential users. A page rank of 4 and above is good and can get you a good ranking. So, if you get links from sites which have a page rank of 4 and above, it would greatly improve your site’s overall ranking. The Google page ranking is logarithmic; therefore every higher page rank is many times more powerful than the previous. Getting links with sites of page rank 4 and above would be wonderful, especially if those websites have a similar theme to yours. However, care should be taken not to build links too fast as they can be considered spammy by Google. The best way to get good inbound links is through interesting and good quality content.

The second important factor o keep in mind is to get sites to link with you with consistent anchor text.

The third most important facet of off-page optimization is directory listings. DMOZ is the most big and powerful with a page rank of 9. A listing on Dmoz almost guarantees an improvement in your ranking as considers a DMOZ directory listing as important. Yahoo is the second most important directory listing but has a fee of $ 299 a year. There are numerous other directory listings also. They may be free, asking for reciprocal links or a fee. A SEO directory is also a must to see and have good reciprocal linking or one way linking from EO directories usually are the ones with optimized pages for each category accordingly and proper url’s for each category that links back to your site in-turn increasing more value in the eyes of a search engine.

The last aspect of off page optimization would be to have high quality, informative and organized content for the web browsers to which they have easy access. In short words ‘content is king!’

Last edited by sunitachrist on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunita - we don't welcome pointless cut'n'paste postings here. You can take this as a warning. Either you can make original postings of some interest or value or I'll ban you.
josephcounseling
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many details article and information available related to on-page optimization and off-page optimization difference but in brief one is totally related to changing the website features and other one is used to do or create backlinks
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, backlinks help, Joseph. But getting them by dumping a load of spams onto forums isn't a good way of doing business. Evil or Very Mad BTW - you're banned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum