AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living off a site
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
virtualtraveller
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: You can get rich with lots of work Reply with quote

Let's first do the math shall we (backwards);

$2000 a month off google ads (for example)

average ppc from Google (variable but on a mildly competitive keyword) = 10c

That means 20,000 clicks per month.

Average ctr (in my case) = 3% therefore multiply 20,000 by 30 to get 100% total page impressions required and the magic number is...

600,000 page impressions.

My average page imp per visitor is 5 therefore I need to somehow get 120,000 visitors a month.

At present I get 25% of that figure, from a 200 page site that took a year of SEO effort and about $5000 to develop. It ranks well on about 45 significant keywords, but these keywords bring in minor traffic.

Well, I have just developed 5 more of these and two years from now, if they emulate the first one, I could perhaps live off them.

It's all down to settling on a topic that has lots of interest and isn't too competitive.
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

virtualtraveller wrote:
It ranks well on about 45 significant keywords, but these keywords bring in minor traffic.

And there it rests. I am not having a go, but how can the 45 words be significant if they bring in very little traffic? You say you have 200 plus pages, well you should be targetting at least 200 words/phrases (one per page). This will give you a fourfold increase in traffic and will get you well on your way to what you wish to earn. Of course building 5 more sites will also do this.
Saltprint.co.uk
PA
PA

30 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess i live off my sites. i do have a store front, but honestly 95% of my profits are from online. i am actually thinking about moving to a better office location that is less of a store front and harder to find.

my sites support 6 people (and rapidly growing) full time, which consists of designers and managers.

it would be interesting to go 100% online, but it is still nice to deal with some customers face to face.
thinkingforward
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can! Don't give up!Smile
haleyonline
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder the same thing. Shortcut ?
Scootek
Executive PA
Executive PA

65 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are making and have made money from websites. They have invested serious amounts of time into it. If you can do that, and you are good at writing content then yes you can do it.

Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum