AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delicious days are numbered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Delicious days are numbered Reply with quote

There's a mass exodus from Delicious the social bookmarking site after Yahoo have suggested they'll be shutting it

The favoured alternative is Diigo
What do you think? Worth using?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I've never really seen the point of using social bookmarking sites in the first place. They seem a very small niche to me.
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use both Delicious and Diigo as a back up.

Social bookmarking is, I find, tremendously useful. It enables me to quickly get access to bookmarked sites from anywhere. The RSS feed for key terms is amazingly helpful - I use lots of those all the time with my Netvibes site. The neighbourhood/social aspect is fine as well, and it's easy for me to share data with colleagues. I can also search Delicious for useful material.

Other social bookmarking sites that allow you to save an entire page and make it searchable are also very helpful indeed. I wouldn't be without them. I'm happy to keep using Delicious - backing with with Diigo now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum