AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trends in affiliate marketing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Trends in affiliate marketing Reply with quote

I've noticed a couple of things recently. A lot of merchants are closing down their affiliate progs completely. I'm not quite sure of the reason why. It could be because they're not going through the aff. networks any more and are moving in-house. I don't know. We nearly always work through the networks.

And now some are chucking affs off if they're not top performers. I guess it's fair enough but how can you be a top performer if they don't give you a chance to get started?

We got "chucked off" as an affiliate of a good merchant today because we're not top performers. But I was promoting them on a site which is only a few months old. The merchant is an ideal match for that site. I've written to ask them to reconsider their decision with an explanation as to why they should give us a little more time to prove our worth. I'll let you know what happens.

Meanwhile is anyone else experiencing any turbulence in the affiliate marketing world?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get very frustrated with merchants and have seen these kinds of problems for a while. We've had a merchant that stopped their affiliate scheme even though we were sending them over 100,000 worth of business per month. We have another merchant (closed to only a handful of affiliates) which is forever changing the % commission it offers, and sometimes suspending the program entirely altogether, because basically they have a budget assigned to affiliate marketing and, if it's looking like they might use up that budget, they cut back. Frankly, I struggle to understand it all - you would think that if we're delivering significant amounts of business their way that they would be grateful for more of the same.

Last edited by paul on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It beggars belief. One wonders who is responsible for making these decisions. Rolling Eyes

AFAIK - no response yet from the one we got chucked off. Time to pull their links and look for one of their competitors who is more affiliate-friendly.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
Time to pull their links and look for one of their competitors who is more affiliate-friendly.

One of the frustrating things is that they're not always easy to find...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum