AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facebook or Twitter???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Facebook or Twitter??? Reply with quote

I've been trying my hardest to stay away from the tweeting world, as soon as i start i'll be as addicted as I am to every other social network ... BUT temptation is getting the better of me. I'm thinking of dabbling in the Twitter world. What I really want to know... Is it worth it? Is it really better than Facebook?? Question
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay will tell you it's a waste of time. Wink She may or may not be right.

Personally, I don't feel I can afford to ignore these things. At first, I really didn't get what Twitter was all about, but that was largely down to the fact that I couldn't see past all the people who were tweeting what they were having for breakfast today. With that hurdle overcome, I now see it as important means by which I can get the word out. With time I've been able to develop several Twitter accounts each with tens of thousands of followers. Of course, numbers aren't everything... and ultimately it depends on how many of those people I'm getting to 'convert'. The jury's out on that front at the moment, but I still don't feel it's something I can just overlook.

As for whether it's better than Facebook, I think that's hard to call. It probably depends on what you're promoting and how exactly you utilise each medium, I reckon.

Paul
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I'm thinking of having breakfast. Which one is better, cornflakes or a fry-up? It does of course entirely depend on other variables and factors.

You can, and should have both, in accordance with the audience that you want to get. You go to where the conversations are. Also, you can have your Tweets copied across to Facebook and vice versa.

If I may - you're falling into the Web 1.0 world, which is to look at the tool and try and use that to define your activity. Instead, look at your activity and choose an appropriate tool.
gumihomiho
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Facebook or Twitter??? Reply with quote

GingerGinger wrote:
I've been trying my hardest to stay away from the tweeting world, as soon as i start i'll be as addicted as I am to every other social network ... BUT temptation is getting the better of me. I'm thinking of dabbling in the Twitter world. What I really want to know... Is it worth it? Is it really better than Facebook?? Question

I think it depends on what is your intention in social networking. If you join in social networking for business, twitter is the best for business than Facebook. Almost people out there has Facebook, I think Facebook is more on communicating people you may know just for fun. We include this a business, But twitter is purely communicate others because of business and for promotion.
scottlinken
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter is much better from a commercial point of view.

Facebook is much more social with people interacting with each other and not paying too much attention to business pages or links posted whereas on twitter you can't be on it longer than 5 minutes without stumbling across someone promoting their services and trying to build followers and people kind of expect that and just follow their interests.

Also twitter has a direct feed into google so tweets appear in the search engine
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlinken wrote:
Twitter is much better from a commercial point of view.

Sorry, but I have to disagree entirely with that opinion. Facebook is becoming increasingly about brands. You've only got to look at adverts to see that companies now link to their Facebook page - not their website or Twitter feed. Twitter is good for monitoring what people are saying about your brand, but both need to be used in conjunction with each other.
scottlinken
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to disagree entirely with that opinion. Facebook is becoming increasingly about brands. You've only got to look at adverts to see that companies now link to their Facebook page - not their website or Twitter feed. Twitter is good for monitoring what people are saying about your brand, but both need to be used in conjunction with each other.

I feel that disagreeing "entirely" is a bit extreme. I think it best if we expand on this a little and be more specific - I guess it depends on the type of marketing you are doing and the results you are aiming for:

I agree for Brand marketing facebook seems to be much better although a twitter page is kind of expected too and both need to be used in conjunction especially for a longer term strategy.

The type of marketing I was referring to that you can do effectively with Twitter is building up accounts with thousands and thousands of relevant followers (there is software that can do this - tweet attacks being the main one) and marketing to them to turn a profit and/or drive targeted traffic to your offer and this can work extremely well and is something that you can't do as quickly or effectively on facebook.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard of or used tweet attacks, but I would assume using software to generate Twitter followers is something or a no-no... I can't imagine it would generate good quality followers. Am I mistaken with that belief?
scottlinken
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Twitter no-no and the followers can be relevant but to ensure your accounts don't get banned and to build relevant followers you need to learn how to use it properly and there is a learning curve.

I don't want to derail this thread into an internet marketing one so the short answer is it is possible but there is a lot more to it than simply firing up software and pushing a button
timjoy
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like both of them. HAAA
bingobabe
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them. But for business i get a much better ROI spending my time building links or doing other stuff that will make my website rank in google. To be honest i have found facebook traffic mostly untargetted and useless. Twitter traffic has been a bit better though. Thats my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum