AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you complained via Twitter, would you expect a response?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: If you complained via Twitter, would you expect a response? Reply with quote

If you complained about a company via Twitter, and used @theirusername in the complaint, would you expect a response from the company in question?

I recently got very frustrated with a company that I bought an item from. The item cost 399 (I did buy other stuff on top) and was not fit for purpose just over a year after purchase. I have been in touch with them and am waiting for a call back. But... apparently it will take them 5-7 days just to make that call when they will then arrange someone to come out and take a look at it. Frankly, I don't think that's good enough. I'm waiting up to a week just for someone to contact me to book a slot (and then that slot will no doubt be another week after that, and when they do come out, they'll no doubt have to take it away/order a part/whatever which will add probably another week... Rolling Eyes ).

No amount of me saying "I wasn't happy" seemed to make a difference so I took it upon myself to tweet that I was very dissatisfied with the company's customer service. Given that the account I used to send the tweet has over 80,000 followers, I did rather think/hope that they might respond, but they didn't. Should I be surprised?
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tweeted a complaint about how English Heritage had messed up my membership. Two hours later the phone rang. 'Mr Bradley, it's English Heritage here, how can we sort out your problem?'

I tweeted and blogged about buying counterfeit software via Amazon Marketplace. I had my 354 refunded, even though it was a purchase that I'd made two years earlier.

I think it depends on the company.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reasonably successful with blogging about any complaints I may have. If the company doesn't pick up on the blog post themselves, I'll email to alert them to it.

Twitter? Wot's that then? I am not wearing any socks today. Rolling Eyes
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at the tweets from the company in question and it appears that 99% of them are just them spewing out their offers, etc. Hardly any @ messages at all, so perhaps it's little wonder...
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Phil, it depends on the company. Some on Twitter don't have an idea how damaging it can be to their brand if they do not respond to customer complaints in a timely manner. They might not be monitoring Twitter, but they could be watching Facebook closely, it might be a good idea to air your issue on multiple channels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum