AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service guarantees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarrenC
Vice President
Vice President

439 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Service guarantees Reply with quote

Traffic is UP, SERPS are UP.. new clients are DOWN.

It has slowed down in recent weeks, and initially thought what we charge for marketing is too expensive, but looking at our competition, we are charging less than them.

The problem within the marketplace I work in is that there are millions of websites offering this service, unfortunately, many of them do not perform, and are a complete waste of money.

I was thinking of offering some type of guarantee, i.e. If you don't get AT LEAST one booking in the advertising period, then we'll work for you for free, but thought this was dodgy ground.

What are people's thoughts?

Also, what do you email to potential clients, well what I mean is what do you ensure that you include in the email to potential clients. Do you back this up with an telephone call?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Darren Smile
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Service guarantees Reply with quote

wwhhomes wrote:
I was thinking of offering some type of guarantee, i.e. If you don't get AT LEAST one booking in the advertising period, then we'll work for you for free, but thought this was dodgy ground.

Hi Darren

If I'm recalling correctly, you don't handle the bookings... is that right? If that's the case, my concern for you would be that clients will say they're not getting bookings, even if they are. Is there a way you can monitor this?

Paul
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Go for it! Reply with quote

Hi Darren

I don't know much about your business, but I think guarantees are a great way of demonstrating your confidence in your service offering.

Taking away the risk for your prospective clients so they can see how well your service works could do wonders for your sales. Just look at how many services offer free trials.

I wouldn't worry too much about someone taking unfair advantage of your service by claiming it hasn't worked for them. For them to do so would mean they wouldn't be able to keep using your service - therefore presumably the service doesn't work well enough for them to justify spending money on it, so you haven't really lost anything.

In the end, it comes down to how much it actually costs you to provide the service and whether you can afford to offer a free trial. If you can, my guess is the approach could work really well for you.

Good luck!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhhomes wrote:

stephen wrote:
I don't know much about your business, but I think guarantees are a great way of demonstrating your confidence in your service offering.

Doubts are evil. One doubt can even destroy a relationship. I think offering some type of guarantee is more of a necessity than an option.
DarrenC
Vice President
Vice President

439 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, yes you are right we don't deal with the booking side of the transaction mainly because we don't know the property and location as well as the owner, and there are also loads of legalities surrounding getting involved in the booking.

With more thought, the booking example I gave probably wasn't a good one, but we do monitor how many enquiries owners receive, be it currently manually.

If you were a potential client if we said something like

"If you don't receive at least five enquiries from us within the 12 months we will market your property for you for a further 12 months FREE OF CHARGE"

OR

"If your advertisement doesn't receive at least 250 page views within the 12 months we will market your property for you for a further 12 months FREE OF CHARGE"

Would you go for this?

I'm confident we can get people bookings from the comments I receive from owners, and we have a testimonials page, which does need a little work on, i.e. placing a link direct to the clients advertisement... otherwise I wouldn't be thinking of doing something like this to draw people in.

Any other examples of guarantee's we could offer people?

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Darren Smile
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your '5 enquiries' is the better option. Presumably most of your advertisers get at least this? If most get more, you could be more daring and say 10 etc, but I think any kind of guarantee will work really well in your favour.

If you wanted to be even more daring, you could offer their money back at the end of the 12 months if they haven't received the required number of enquiries! This would really demonstrate your faith in your service, remove any concern they may have, and probably wouldn't cost you that much. Even if a client doesn't receive the required number of enquiries, you would have earned interest on their money for 12 months which at least contributes towards covering your costs. You also have an opportunity to keep them as a client by saying "look, the first 12 months didn't work out, but here's your money back, or if you prefer we can use the money to cover the next 12 months - if it still doesn't work, no charge".

This would seem to be a great way to get more clients, so good luck! Hope this makes sense!
DarrenC
Vice President
Vice President

439 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen,

The majority of clients get a lot more than 5 enquiries, that number was really a figure that sprung from my head.

The refund idea is good, but to be honest I would rather work for free for them, and concentrate even more than I already do to make their advertisement work, if it means advertise the property in a newspaper I'd be prepared to do that.

I suppose the next thing really is to get the website working where I can monitor the number of enquiries via the email form and php and then think what number of enquiries would be a good target.

Thanks for your ideas.

Darren Smile
Terrel Shumway
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhhomes wrote:

"If you don't receive at least five enquiries from us within the 12 months we will market your property for you for a further 12 months FREE OF CHARGE"

OR

"If your advertisement doesn't receive at least 250 page views within the 12 months we will market your property for you for a further 12 months FREE OF CHARGE"

Would you go for this?

No. Why would I want to continue with something that isn't working? And if I am not paying you, what is your incentive to work for me?

And I can get 250 page views myself in a month if I advertise PPC -- why do I need you? (Of course, I am not your typical client)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum