AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to be self-employed as an employee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to be self-employed as an employee? Reply with quote

I own my company, which I incorporated as a Sub-Chapter S (U.S. corporation), back in the '90s. When I incorporated, my status as far as creditors were concerned, changed to employee, as I now receive a monthly paycheck.

But, as far as I see it, I authorize my company to pay the salary of my choosing. I am the only employee and have the freedom to set my own schedule and priorities. So, I am business owner with no supervision. Since I own 100% of the equity, and have no board or directors, I'm in charge of myself.

My customer view me as self-employed and I have many of the benefits and responsibilities of being self-employed.

I once looked at my business through Robert Kyosocki's model. In terms of Owner, Investor, Employee, and Self-Employed, I fall into all 4 categories. That is partly because of my business and business model.

I sell as an independent agent for ______________ & ___________, Inc. I earn direct commissions on sales (Self-employed). I have many of the rights and benefits of owning my company and the equity in my customer accounts(Owner). As I invest more time and capital in sponsoring associates who sell for __________ & ________, Inc. I earn passive, residual income (Investor). My corporation pays me a monthy salary (Employee) as well as dividends on the company profits (Owner).

So I have multiple personalities, wear multiple hats, and enjoy a dual-income stream from my one and only career.

So, to clear things up, I'm a self-employed, business owner, working for my company as an employee, earning income as an employee, owner, and investor.

I haven't talked to a psychiatrist yet to get his opinion, but my CPA works it all out for income and taxes. The IRS loves the taxes they are receiving and Congress spends every dollar more than once.

Dennis
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have a company set up, you are no longer self-employed, though you are certainly a business owner. We had a discussion about this in this forum a while back ...
webitalia2005
Vice President
Vice President

324 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case you become an entrepreneur and so you are subject to a different legislation depending on the activity and size of your business,for example in Italy you can either be depending on size and acitvity a agricultural entrepreneur,a small entrepreneur,a commercial entrepreneur.Each of this classifications comes with it's own set of rules to respect in trems of activity organization and contability papers to keep...ect...
John Ashtone
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In UK it is quite possible to be self employed and an employer as I have done it three times.

But actually you seem to have a company, so you are athe same as s director over here in Blighty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum