AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working from home - the most important?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davapava
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Working from home - the most important? Reply with quote

Hello i've just started my home business. Im an affiliate marketer. Iwas wondering if i can get any advice from someone who have been in the game for some time.

What do i need except a computer and an internet connection.

I mean in terms of insurances, bank accounts etc.

Dont need any advice about affiliate producs. I got all i need Very Happy .
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

An appreciation that different countries have different rules on things like insurance etc? Wink
mvb
Executive PA
Executive PA

76 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: home business Reply with quote

I've been in this situation for almost 7 years now. Business phone line would be nice Smile. It's important to have a business line as apposed to the home line because your number wil also go into the local business directories like the white pages. I would also get a filing cabinet as you will very quickly get disorganised without one.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing affiliate marketing, I would question whether you need a telephone line at all. For me, that would be one of the appeals of that type of business.

Paul
seobeglobal
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also wonder what do anybody needs to start a business at home. i know pc and internet connection is basic , but what else? of course i have to ask a professional about this, but i would like you to give some advice, thank you
LakotaJones
Secretary
Secretary

23 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Phone Line Reply with quote

Expanding on the idea of a personal phone line, if you live in the United States, I would recommend purchasing a CHEAP cell phone from Kricket Communications Company, and purchasing their absolute bare minimum plan.

This gives you a portable business phone line that will function in most of the continental US, with unlimited text, long distance, local, and other capabilities.

I recommend this not because I work for Kricket or what ever, but because I used this set up for my business about a year ago and I can attest that even with me sending well over 22 thousand text messages and racking up 55 + hours of long distance phone calls within one pay period, there was no interruption of service and I only dropped two calls. Luckily both dropped calls were personal and not business.

This is superior to a land line, because you will be able to reach your audience any where, any time. Which is important for a home based business.

I carried my Tarot cards and my phone EVERY WHERE, and would conduct business at restaurants, my mothers house, at gas stations, or any where and any time a client called me.

This is how I worked, but remember, you will not have a fax line available to you through your kricket phone. This could hamper you.

If you are not in the US, I am not sure what to recommend. Thanks!

Remember, business can and should be practiced every where, so try to make sure you stretch your dollars. Unless of course your filthy rich and can waste oney on phone bills, shitty advertising, and bad customer service. Which, if this is so, please hire me. =)
gamer1
Executive PA
Executive PA

0 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also need some type of online payment method such as paypal and e-gold.
KevinStiff
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your own personall website would be nice.
In my opinion if your gonna be a pro you need one.
Learn The Right Way To Make Money From Home
Stephanie at BizFace
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Working from home Reply with quote

I agree about the importance of things like phone lines, filing cabinets, web pages - and depending on the sort of things you are doing an address to use for post, otherwise you are giving away your home address all the time.

But you also need to have plans about how you will spend your days, what you will do if you start to feel isolated, confused or just plain over-worked.

Check also about the impact on family or others around you and make some ground rules about when you can be interrupted etc. A lot of people think you are not working when you are at home...

People often underestimate the time management, psychological and relationship aspects. Let me know if you need further information on that!

Hope that helps,
fun2bme
Secretary
Secretary

22 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Working from home Reply with quote

Stephanie at BizFace wrote:

Check also about the impact on family or others around you and make some ground rules about when you can be interrupted etc. A lot of people think you are not working when you are at home...

People often underestimate the time management, psychological and relationship aspects. Let me know if you need further information on that!

Good point. Alot of people will think you are just doing some type of hobby or something unless you treat it seriously.
Dodson111
Secretary
Secretary

17 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: I think Reply with quote

If you learn Web Design or Graphic Design and after that join popular Freelancing sites then you get lot of job there. And that will be better than Affiliate Marketing.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says who?

I'd argue it rather depends on how good you are at each.
sabatek7
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Working from home - the most important? Reply with quote

davapava wrote:
Hello i've just started my home business. Im an affiliate marketer. Iwas wondering if i can get any advice from someone who have been in the game for some time.

I mean in terms of insurances, bank accounts etc.

Dont need any advice about affiliate producs. I got all i need Very Happy .

Sweetie all you really need is a laptop. 2nd important cell phone- some site want to send a text to verify a online account. 3rd Clickbank and paypal account that is joined to your checking account. You can receive a checks by mail so a bank account is a plus but you may have to pay for adds- so a debit card or check card is needed.

Hope that helps.
wwetherby
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's extremely important to keep accurate records. This can be time consuming.

You are going to be posting ads, posting to forums, writing ads and you need to keep track of where and when you did what or you're simply going to forget. Tracking your income and expenses is essential as well; how do you know what your gross and net are? If you plan to pay taxes you're going to need all of that info.

Excel works great.

farmilo
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: The Power of Youtube Reply with quote

Hello!
I am so glad you are asking questions!
My opinion is that you go to Youtube and type in your question and search the answers that come.
Youtube has so much relevant and helpful and FREE information from people who know a lot of stuff that you will need to know.
I agree about keeping good records.
And make sure you back up your electronic records with hard-copy, printed or clearly hand written records, and file them with appropriately accurate headings.
My next thing is make sure you have your electronics saved in some sort of skydrive somewhere...you can do this for FREE using your email, send yourself emails with files attached...OR you can go fancy-Nancy and get a paid skydrive type account with some fancy features.
Most of these also have an affiliate marketing deal you can use, if you want to.
The BIG thing is to be super organized, and know what you are going to do, your action plan, and also, the learning to earnings plan...study what you need to do...and keep studying...knowledge is POWER!
So, use Youtube with complete ravaging scrutiny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum