AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running your business in an EC country

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarrenC
Vice President
Vice President

439 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Running your business in an EC country Reply with quote

I don't know where to start.

I am thinking about moving abroad to an EC Country and because my business is completely website orinated, it would not matter where I was based.

Does anyone know of any websites which would tell me if I can move abroad (with savings) and run my business in that country.

Any ideas?

Darren
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Darren

I'm not sure how useful this resource is to you, but you may like to look at it all the same: http://tiscali.doctorjob.com/europe/index.asp (it possibly focuses on employment rather than self-employment but I'm sure there must be something useful within).

Where is it you are thinking of going?

Aaron
bytech
Vice President
Vice President

588 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an Internet business, one could move to a place like Mexico, or Africa, and live VERY VERY comfortably. Smile I thought about that a few times... I do some research for Google Answers, and thought that if I can't make a living here in NA, I could always move to some 3rd world country, and be rich from a couple of hundred US dollar earnings from Google Answers. Smile

I guess that's my plan Z. Smile
DarrenC
Vice President
Vice President

439 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron,

Just thinking at the moment.. it's always been in the back of my mind to spend my time in a country which is cheaper, and warmer!

The thing with my type of business is that it's probably an advantage being based in a country like Spain. I was there last week, and I was AMAZED at the number of new complex's been built.. they appear to be going away from building hotels, to concentrate on apartments, and villas.

Near my dad's apartment there are four new complex's been built. within 10 minutes walk away... been based in Spain you would have an advantage over competition because you are going to know what's been built and then get in there..

I was quite surprised how easy it is to move to Spain, all you need is a residency permit, and then register self employed. Now the only concern is that you have to register with a Spanish accountant, but then I was thinking on the way back, I could live in Spain, but it doesn't mean that the business has to be registered in Spain.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Darren Smile

p.s. Ive seen a really nice apartment for long term rental, 200 a month, overlooking commnual pool, and 10 minutes walk from Alicante.. and beaches Very Happy
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhhomes wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Darren Smile

p.s. Ive seen a really nice apartment for long term rental, 200 a month, overlooking commnual pool, and 10 minutes walk from Alicante.. and beaches Very Happy

Many many times.

1. You can form a company anywhere. As long as you pay tax properly, the company does not have any legal problem.

2. You can work anywhere, but depending on your nationality, you need some kind of visa.

2.2. You often need some kind of sponsor to get visa, but forming a company in the country where you want to live creates your sponsor. Just an idea.

3. Just pay individual tax properly once you establish your legal status.

4. Depending on how long you want to be there, you need a long term plan.
sleidia
Secretary
Secretary

28 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, my choice would be Portugal over Spain.
Portugal is cheaper and I've heard that the quality of live is better there.
I've found god looking apartments sold for only 50.000 euros.

Another option is Malaysia in Asia.
The government propose an incentive called "My Second Home Malaysia" which gives you the right to reside in Malaysia as long as you store 60.000 euros in a Malaysian bank account. You're not allowed to work but they won't check if you run a website based outside the country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum