AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Promote an online mall, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cashtalk
Secretary
Secretary

17 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Promote an online mall, anyone? Reply with quote

Hi, guys! What is the best and most effective way to promote an online information mall to international customers with no age limitations...

I have tried Google adwords and overture search listing... but responds are still few.

Anybody has better methods?
nickc
Executive PA
Executive PA

47 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Promote an online mall, anyone? Reply with quote

Your site appears to be just a forum which because of their dynamic nature are notoriously difficult to optimize for the SE's. You need to build a site with unique content that will draw people to it and who will then hopfully use the forum. Forum would also look better if it was customised. Good luck with it.

Nick
ListGuy
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: The most effective method to reach people is direct email Reply with quote

From my experience, the only thing that works consistently is direct email invitation. Probaly been your experience too.. the reason for the inbox full is because it works - to varying degrees...

We have the people to contact and the means to do it at <web address removed - please see the advertising rules before posting again>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redsand
Executive
Executive

171 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with nick .. optimize your site for search engines to begin with ... this can lead to "free" traffic if done right ... there are many forums on this subject, check it out
WebDevTalk.com
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try getting your products listed in Froogle and other product comparison sites.

Also with AdWords and Overture are you targeting keywords like ‘online mall’? Instead I would think you would be more successful in bidding on item names. I would make a list of every product I sell and make small bids on every one of them. I would think individual products in most cases would have less competition than general terms like ‘online mall’ and they should convert better because the traffic will be much more targeted.
redsand
Executive
Executive

171 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On any affiliate site I have, I definitely get a majority of traffic from individual products, as webdev said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum