AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Affilliate's and stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Affilliate's and stuff Reply with quote

right, i have a feeling paul might be able to help here, but anyone is welcome to offer some advice...
I have a website that I have set up myself, rather than the usual client sites and well, i want to know how to make some money off it basically.
I am currently using adsense but im certain not to its fullest potential. I know that there are basic rules as to which positions what sort of adverts should be placed in, but does anyone have any tips or any resources they would recomend i look at?
also, is adsense the best way to go? obviously i chose it because it targets the users, but is it more sensible to do this myself with other affiliates?

cheers all!
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could affiliate with merchants relevant to your site's content. I find it easiest to do this via the big affiliate networks. My preferred networks are Affiliate Window and Affiliate Future, but there are lots of others. (You could try searching this forum for threads about affiliate networks.)

I've also found it works better if you actually promote them rather than just sticking a banner on. An example of one way I've used this strategy is here:
http://www.notdelia.co.uk/how-to-pin-bone-a-fillet-of-salmon/

I love the product, I've shown how useful it is, and then I suggest you buy it. (Of course not everyone will rush out and buy a pair of salmon tweezers Laughing but you get the idea.)

There are plenty of other ways to promote your merchants but I'll wait to see what the others have to say.
nickora
Executive PA
Executive PA

79 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: smiling Reply with quote

oh you made me smile! salmon tweezers! lol, ok, that has given me a good idea particularly of a certain industry i could target to actually promote.. yes id like to hear what others think too, but thanks!
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately agree with Kay on promoting your merchant (and their products) rather than simply putting a banner up. Very few people pay attention to banners so that wouldn't be effective.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask what the nature of the site is?

While AdSense can bring a steady trickle in, I think well integrated affiliate content does have a greater potential.

Paul (off to get some salmon tweezers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum