AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What have I missed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Introductions Forum     <<<   If you're new, post here first!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: What have I missed? Reply with quote

I have up-dated my website and whilst visitor numbers are growing, it is still not as expected. Any thoughts why?

Drachsi
<website address removed>
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's because you're in too much of a hurry to plug your stuff Wink
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drachsi... I have removed your attempt to put your web address in your post as this is against board rules. We allow signatures to be added to your Profile, but only once you have enough posts under your belt.

May I suggest you have a read of the sticky posts here? Your 'introduction' suggests that you just skipped them...
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adigaskell wrote:
Maybe it's because you're in too much of a hurry to plug your stuff Wink

I though I would use the "review my site" to gain useful comments before making other posts.
I'll make other posts until I can use the url for my site. Sorry for any offence.

Regards
Drachsi
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drachsi

Why go to that forum first when you are asked to post an intro here? Think about it... why should someone bother to review the site of a stranger? They might out of sheer kindness, but they'd be more likely to do so if you offered a little first.

Please... have a read of the sticky posts at the top of this forum. I'm guessing you still haven't.

Also have a read of Trev's sticky post at the top of the Website Review Forum.

Paul
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: I agree and have read the link info. Reply with quote

Now off to post in the intro. Forum, Thanks for not beating me to death.

Regards
Drachsi
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Drachsi... I have removed your attempt to put your web address in your post as this is against board rules. We allow signatures to be added to your Profile, but only once you have enough posts under your belt.

May I suggest you have a read of the sticky posts here? Your 'introduction' suggests that you just skipped them...

OK, got the message, please see my Intro.
Drachsi
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: I agree and have read the link info. Reply with quote

Drachsi wrote:
Thanks for not beating me to death.

Scratch

That's a bit melodramatic, isn't it?
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Not all Forums are as mature Reply with quote

Yes naturally I would like to have my url shown, but the main reason for joining is to learn from others, and pass on ideas and possible solutions to others if I can help. Not all Forums are created equal.

Drachsi
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every forum has its own rules and guidelines, which is why it's always best to read them rather than jumping in and doing the wrong thing.

The people here are very welcoming to new members who want to be part of our community. But if, like you did, you give the impression that you are only here to plug your site(s), articles, or to foist URLs on us, then we tend not to like it very much.

We are more likely to be interested in what you're doing if you are part of the community rather than someone who just uses us as a place to promote their own stuff. And please.. can you stop making postings saying that you need to up your post count so you can post URLs? You're starting to sound like a broken record. Twisted Evil
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Kay.

The thing also is, that when you tried to post a clickable URL, a warning message would have come up saying that this was something you shouldn't do. You tried to circumvent this by posting just xyz.com (rather than the full URL), and you did this multiple times over. This left me with the task of going through all your posts, editing them to remove the web address.

So yes... it got my back up because you wasted my time. Anyway, without wishing to labour the point any further... welcome to Aardvark. Smile

Paul
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: I promise to do better Reply with quote

Sorry, sorry. I have posted a help request about a new computer and hope people will still help.

Drachsi
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Signature question Reply with quote

paul wrote:
Exactly, Kay.

The thing also is, that when you tried to post a clickable URL, a warning message would have come up saying that this was something you shouldn't do. You tried to circumvent this by posting just xyz.com (rather than the full URL), and you did this multiple times over. This left me with the task of going through all your posts, editing them to remove the web address.

So yes... it got my back up because you wasted my time. Anyway, without wishing to labour the point any further... welcome to Aardvark. Smile

Paul

Please could you confirm how many posts should be made before I can create a signature.

Regards
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please could you confirm how many posts should be made before I can create a signature.

No.
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
Quote:

No.

That was clear anyway. Will I be notified if and when I am accepted, or has that already been decided?

Drachsi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Introductions Forum     <<<   If you're new, post here first! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum