AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is Best way of Link Building?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrika12
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Which is Best way of Link Building? Reply with quote

I am going to design my new site. I don't have any experience about it. Some one tell me which is best link building strategy

Directory submission
Forum Posting
Article Submission
Social bookmarking
Blog commenting
Blog posting
Press Release
or any other

I am waiting here your reply
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's best could depend on what niche you're in. What niche are you in? We might be able to help you more if you tell us.

I don't know the best ways but I could point out one of the worst ways, in the hope of helping people avoid making those mistakes.

Outsourcing to Indian or Pakistani link building companies is the worst, IMO. Most of them promise thousands of links but "achieve" their goals by spamming forums and blogs. They get blacklisted and often get their clients blacklisted too. So my advice would be to be very, very careful before using such a service.

Some of them even go on forums to post fluff or copy and paste stuff until they up their post count so they can post a sig. Most forums just ban them, so be sure not to waste your money on that kind of thing.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I don't think you can say any one particular method is "best".

In an ideal world, you do some of each of the things you mention (and I think you've covered most of the obvious means with that list), monitor the results for your particular site/niche, and draw conclusions from that.

Viral marketing is perhaps worth mentioning also. I can't say I've had a great deal of success with it, but if you are lucky and hit on the right idea I think it can be quite powerful.
PitchYourCase
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the above their is no best way however one thing that you missed was reciprocal links. Keep a page on your site free so you can just put links to other sites on it and exchange with directories and other sites/individuals this will definately boost your rankings.

But my best advice to you is to try a bit of everything, something that works for me may not work for you and so on, so it's something you need to trial and error, it is time consuming but worth it in the end when you get the results you want.
Scootek
Executive PA
Executive PA

65 ants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's often a trial and error with most people. Test the water and see what works. But you can'y go too far wrong by doing a bit of everything. After a while you will know the methods that are most effective for your market.
Mathew Ryan
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like most people told you already there is no one best way, the best is to combine them probably but you need to know how to do it well otherwise is not that powerful.

You forgot RSS Feeds

Also i would stay away from Blog commenting if you don't know what you are doing since it could hurt you more than help you.

Outsourcing it to companies who gets you links from forums or blogs comments is suicide, unless you are an Internet Marketer, then it could be very good.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're not using any automated methods which post cr*p, how might blog commenting harm you?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humans post cr*p too, Paul. In which case, that could harm the commentor.

The key phrase is "if you don't know what you're doing". I do quite a lot of blog commenting and it often leads to friendship and co-operation. Dare I say I think I do know what I'm doing? Twisted Evil That's the difference.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, that is true.

I'd like to think that someone that doesn't know what they're doing could still very quickly grasp what's involved, though. It's not like it's rocket science. Smile
fgirtan
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends very much on the niche you are
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fgirtan wrote:
depends very much on the niche you are

Would you like to expand on that comment?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul wrote:
I'd like to think that someone that doesn't know what they're doing could still very quickly grasp what's involved, though. It's not like it's rocket science.

It's not rocket science to comment on some blogs, especially if you're interested in the subject, but if you're getting paid one rupee per comment and you're doing it all day every day then that's a different matter.

Sure, they could probably grasp quite quickly how to do it well, but no one is asking or expecting them to do it well. They simply have to meet their quotas. Mostly it's just copy and paste stuff anyway.

"I like your writing. I have bookmark this site."

You seem to be thinking of blog commenting as something that people do because they like it or because they're carefully building links to and interest for their websites or blogs. But most blog commenting is done as a 'business', not by people who have any interest in doing it for its own sake.
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Does Google care any more about links? Reply with quote

Google has nearly a complete copy of the Internet on their servers. They create the results based on their code. Links are nice to have, but I heard you need a mimum of 1,000 top quality ones to make a difference. Far better is updating your website and Blog so the search engine knows you are active.
Drachsi
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Google care any more about links? Reply with quote

Kay... agree with everything you say. I guess the responsibility lies with blog owners to a large extent to moderate their comments accordingly. If rubbish comments never get approved, that sector of the industry that you refer to ought to quickly die out.

Drachsi wrote:
Links are nice to have, but I heard you need a mimum of 1,000 top quality ones to make a difference.

Drachsi wrote:
Far better is updating your website and Blog so the search engine knows you are active.

It's sweeping statements like these that really irritate me sometimes!

Where did you hear you need to have a minimum of 1,000 top quality links? And what does "to make a difference" mean anyway? I started a new business this year which takes all its orders online. It has nothing remotely like 1,000 top quality links into it and yet it does very nicely and dominates its niche.

As for updating your website being better than link building... it's a meaningless remark really. It would depend on the quality/quantity of each that would determine which is better.

Last edited by paul on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Interesting comments about a new website Reply with quote

Your comments felt personal.

Your post about building a website in a niche market was interesting. Perhaps you could explain how you made it successful.

I have one niche website and have top position, but it is not a very popular term. I have another, which continues to stay in the top 3, about life in a village, with interactive maps, videos, and local information, with a direct link from Wikipedia. This has a lot more visitors.

Drachsi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum