AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Podcasts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Podcasts Reply with quote

I've been reading up on podcasts and they sound a good idea
Has anyone got involved in podcasting?
Maybe interviewing someone?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew two guys who did a weekly podcast. They were very good and they attracted a good, large, and targeted audience, but they couldn't monetise their efforts. People enjoyed the show, but they didn't want to pay. The guys gave up on it. Mind you, that was a long time ago, maybe it could be different now.

Did you have any ideas about monetising podcasts or did you have something else in mind?
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been considering photos, videos, podcasts as a more attractive alternative to simple text postings in Facebook

At the business networking meeting yesterday the pro photographer took pics & posted them on Facebook - they got a fantastic response

I also think that for some types of clients - eg professional services who are knowledgeable, it could work well.
ParisPro
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Podcasting Reply with quote

I have been considering getting involved with Podcasting for 2 of my travel sites but its oen of those aspects of websiite design and marketing that seems hard to get around to doing.

Is there any specific software you can all recommend and any easy wat to get into Podcasting? Any advice appreciates.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't tend to listen to podcasts myself so, for that reason, I (perhaps naiively) have never really looked into it much as a form of marketing.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone here has done it with much success.
georgep
Executive
Executive

221 ants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to listen to podcasts but it is hard to find good once and don't know if it is real interesting for marketing purpose but i guess if enough people listen you should be able to get something out of it.

The last while most of the podcasts i listened to from big sites stopped doing them because it wasn't bring in enough to pay for the two or tree people to get payed for that hour or so.

Stuff With Animals, Thlog
parker
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

podcasts is definitely one way of promoting your site but the market for this is very limited.
i am a podcast listener and i can tell you that this is sort of a hit and miss thing.

for instance, i subscribe to podcast x and i know that that podcast updates weekly. you might think that you can get through to me instantly since i listen to that podcast but you'll be wrong because i download the podcast based on the topic - if it interests me or not.

im guessing that most are like that too so you kinda have to cross your fingers over it..then of course another thing about it is where you have to talk to the podcaster to see if he/she has a spot for you on the show

But podcast works because ive gotten to a lot of sites and gotten to know topics that i have never thought existed before.

ps - sometimes podcasts become my sleeping music. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum