AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organising your browser to improve efficiency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Organising your browser to improve efficiency Reply with quote

I'm interested to hear how people configure their browsers in order to maximise efficiency during the working day.

I use Chrome and I find the 'most visited' screenshots that they provide quite useful, but I'm thinking it would probably help if I was able to customise them further to suit my own needs (and I suspect there are ways, I just haven't looked into it)

I also like that if I close down the entire browser with multiple tabs, those same tabs will appear when I next launch it.

I also use Gmail and have a search for "is:unread" as a bookmark on the bookmarks bar, meaning that I can always bring up emails that need attention at the click of the button.

And I use Google accounts switcher (a Chrome plugin) so that I quickly and easily alternate between different Google (and Gmail) accounts.

I still feel there's more I could do to improve the efficiently of my working day online. Does anyone have any other tips along the same lines?
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought of using a start or home page such as Netvibes? Create as many subject tabs as you need, links to different email accounts, bookmarks with their own tags, searchboxes which mean you don't need to keep going to search engines directly, RSS feeds and so on.

I find it absolutely invaluable.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Phil... whatever it is, it sounds just the kind of thing I'm after. I knew there must be something out there. Will go and check it out.

Thanks again

Paul
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure you've worked it out, but it's www.netvibes.com

The interesting thing with it is that you can have private tabs and a public profile. If you want to take a look at mine, just try out http://www.netvibes.com/philbradley

Phil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum