AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How NOT to market your business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: How NOT to market your business Reply with quote

I've seen plenty of stuff by 'gurus' saying how to get rich quick and how to market your business. Aaargh! I'm going to attempt to tell you how NOT to do it.

1. Spam. Do not spam forums, do not make spam comments on blogs. Any mod with even half a braincell will suss you out and you'll be toast.

This is bad for the business you're promoting.

2. Q&A Do not join a forum and ask a question then join up with another name to answer your own question with a 'recommendation' for your company.

3. Introductions - please do introduce yourself and tell people what your interests are. People who join up and say, "I work for Spam.com and we offer this, that and the next thing" are mostly just presumed to be spammers.

4. Please review my website - yawn. Are you just trying to find any excuse to post a link or get people to look at your site? Why would anyone be interested? Sure, if we know you and if you have contributed something first, then I expect we'd all be pleased to help if we can. But to show up and ask for it straight away? That's a great way to turn people off from ever wanting to do business with you.

5. Copy and paste It shows everyone that you are incapable of original thought. Forum owners don't like copy and paste rubbish. It makes you look stupid. It makes the company you're representing look stupid.

BTW does anyone want to run a book about how long it will take for this original content to be copied or scraped? This content was written by Kay McMahon, copyright: http://www.aardvarkbusiness.net/chat/

Did everyone get the idea that the above methods are bad for the business you're promoting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum