AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Marketing Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pei En
Secretary
Secretary

23 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Web Marketing Help Reply with quote

Hi there, I've been working on marketing FDC Holding's online affiliate program and have kind of hit a brick wall regarding how to market it. Just basically looking for help! Thanks for reading!

Anyways, what we're doing is an online affiliate program where we help our affiliates open their own online store. We will provide them the products, a customizable website, a management and real time sales tracking system, as well as multiple payment solutions for their future customers. We will also provide the customer support and also ship out the products under their company name.

Affiliates get to pick which product they want to sell and what prices they want to sell it at. We'll provide the products to them at cost price. The difference between the cost price and the price they sell the product at would be their profit.

Our products are mainly international goods, ranging from food to stationary and household wares. We already have more then 7,000+ products in our warehouse for our affiliates.

I'm in charge of marketing this program over at the company and just trying to reach out and ask for marketing ideas. Just wondering what you guys think about the concept and the ways I can help market it?

I appreciate all sorts of feedback!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I suppose the first question, before talking about where/how you could advertise, would be what's different about what you're offering to what everyone else is also doing? What's your USP?

And, with specific reference to your question, what makes your affiliate scheme more appealing to affiliates than any of the others out there?

Paul

Last edited by paul on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pei En
Secretary
Secretary

23 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

What is our USP?
1. Our product line. As of right now, there isn't anyone that does international products in an affiliate program manner. Also we are specializing in the food industry, which many prime to be the next big hit online. This creates a niche market for our agents.

2. Our flexibility and customizability (not sure if that's a word). Our websites are extremely flexible and compatible with SEO and basically anything you want to do with it. I hope you'll allow me to post some websites up. Here's some example of our agents. As you can see, their websites differ greatly. We give our agents free reign to whatever they want to do regarding their website.

http://www.easternfoodhouse.com/
http://www.onlinefoodgrocery.com/

3. Our cost. Our products cost are extremely low. We have connections with companies from all around the world to secure these prices.

4. Automated system. Unlike other affiliate programs where an agent would have to take care of every single thing regarding their business, we automated the ordering, fulfillment process, and also the customer service. When a customer orders from an agent's website, the order goes directly to our warehouse, where it gets shipped out. It is essentially a hassle free approach to our agents, allowing them to concentrate on advertising and marketing their website.

I hope this answers your questions.

Pei En
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. Is this a wholesale or a retail offering?

Don't forget that people can get just about any Western products in the Far East. If you want to go for the wholesale market then you should be contacting people like Tesco -they have quite a good presence in this part of the world.

You should know that it's very easy in Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, etc, to get whatever you want. Why do you think that an online business will meet a gap in the market? Does that gap exist?

I might have missed the point but (I'm getting old and feeble) could you please tell me who your target audience is?
Pei En
Secretary
Secretary

23 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad on the explanation.

This is essentially a business opportunity. It is neither a retail nor wholesale. People that join us would essentially have a website like the ones I've listed. They can then market it however they want. Hence, why I call it neither a wholesale nor retail offering, but a business opportunity.

Regarding the other question you had. Our target market is the American market. We bring international products into the US and then sell them through our agents here in the US via the internet, hence why I'm talking about the niche market. It isn't very easy for most parts of the US to get goods from Malaysia, Thailand etc etc.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that makes more sense now. Thanks.

In the UK there is a fantastic company called Wing Yip. They import all kinds of stuff from the Far East and sell it wholesale and retail and now they even have an online store (wingyip.com).

This company is wonderful! They sell so many things at such very reasonable prices. Dave and I used to go to their Croydon branch most Saturdays and think of it as being a treat. Laughing

I see your point. It's like one-way traffic. I can get Marmite, a Crunchie, etc, etc, in Malaysia easily enough (just about any large supermarket) but in the West, Malaysian products would be hard to find.
Pei En
Secretary
Secretary

23 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the really late reply to this thread.

Thanks for the interest! I've actually heard about Wing Yip. We're trying to provide the same service except online and in the US. We do our sales through an affiliate system. So we need people who are interested in Biz-Opt to sign up with us, hence why I'm trying to figure out how to effectively market the program. Any ideas? : )

Again, sorry for the late reply. I've been caught up with a couple of issues from home. Couple of issues left me saddened and disappointed with our government.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum