AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Links. Who really spends time linking to other sites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Links. Who really spends time linking to other sites? Reply with quote

Links I are told are important to increasing the value of your website in a search index. The question I have is, which of you spends time and effort creating links to other websites? Yes, I understand if it ia a link to PayPal or Aardvarkbusiness etc.

The only way to have large numbers of links seems to have a Blog, YouTube video or a Forum.

What methods do you employ to build links?

Drachsi
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Links. Who really spends time linking to other sites? Reply with quote

Drachsi wrote:
Links I are told are important to increasing the value of your website in a search index. The question I have is, which of you spends time and effort creating links to other websites? Yes, I understand if it ia a link to PayPal or Aardvarkbusiness etc.

Sorry, I don't understand this part of your post.
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Links Reply with quote

What I meant was, do companies spend time building links to other websites unless it is specific to their business or something in it for them? I can understand the link building, using Forums, and Blogs, but direct links?

A link from Wikipedia or Microsoft etc has value, but thousands of links?

Drachsi
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Links Reply with quote

Drachsi wrote:
What I meant was, do companies spend time building links to other websites unless it is specific to their business or something in it for them?

I'm still not sure if I'm understanding your point. I can't see why a company would spend time on link building (or any activity for that matter) if it wasn't specific to their business...
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean linking out to other sites, I do that in blogs, forum posts etc. if it's relevant to the point I'm making. That's just good web etiquette and helps the reader out.
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Drachsi, link building (to improve your search ranking) means creating links from other websites to your own, not the other way around.

If you're asking why a webmaster or a blogger would want to create links to other websites, I think someone answered that above. You create those links to provide your reader with resources and materials related to the topic you're discussing and to give credit to another blogger who's article you've used as reference.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Adi and Mark on the linking out issue. I don't deliberately set out to build outward links, but if they're relevant and helpful to the piece then why not include them?

Sometimes it leads to the person I've linked out to coming over to get to know us better and joining in, but that's just an added bonus rather than the main reason for doing it.

If you're trying to build inbound links - people linking to your site - then create interesting content that people will refer to in their blog posts and articles along with a link to your site.
wadeinni
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to concur with the idea that certain information sites like blogs and forums link out to similar sites as a way to reference other useful high quality content for their readers. I do it from time to time on my own business blog. There's just no way you're going to have every useful bit of information ready at all times on your own site. if you do congrats to having such a rich informative site. Plus it doesn't hurt to do it, the external site owner or others users often come back to the site linking to them out of curiosity. Thats a plus in book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum