AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clap Media spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Clap Media spam Reply with quote

Anyone else sick of getting emails from Clap Media?

I'm getting them pretty regularly nowadays... I tried to reply to them at first but got no response and just continued to get more of the same...

They usually take the following form:

Quote:
Hi,

I was looking at your site [deleted].com

Just wanted to know if you allow links on your site. The link would be back to one of the top poker rooms in the world whose online presence I am currently working to enhance.

The best news is that if you're happy to include a link on your site, then we would like to send you some high quality branded poker goodies such as hoodies and poker cards. These would be posted to you immediately after the link is posted on the condition that you agree to keep it on your site for a set time period - usually 12 months or permanently (with permanently being our preferred option)

Please let me know your thoughts on this proposal and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Many Thanks

Kate

The site in question in the above instance wasn't even remotely poker-related. Rolling Eyes

I've also been getting ones like this:

Quote:
Hi

I wondered if your site [deleted].com accepted advertising at all. My client is related to
your niche and would like to advertise with you.

Let me know what you think about this offer.

Thanks

Laura

and:

Quote:
Hi,

I am writing to you about your website [deleted].com - I would be interested in advertising on your site. Do you have a policy on this?

Look foward to hearing from you.

Hannah

and:

Quote:
Hi,

I was looking at your site [deleted].net and wondered if you accepted any forms of
advertising?
I have a client who would like to feature on your website.

Please do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Grace

I know I've deleted a load from my inbox already but, even having done that, there's still around 15 sitting there from this month alone.

I have also written to them and asked them to stop mailing me, but they take no notice, so I'm posting here to name and shame.

Clap Media... you're a pain in the Ass.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: WHOIS Reply with quote

Domain name:
clap-media.co.uk

Registrant:
JC JC

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
14 Media Street
Leeds
LS1 1ER
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a Heart Internet [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 19-Nov-2010
Renewal date: 19-Nov-2012
Last updated: 21-Nov-2010

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
ns.mainnameserver.com
ns2.mainnameserver.com

WHOIS lookup made at 12:48:35 17-Nov-2011
Eslim
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: clapmedia spam Reply with quote

ClapMedia spam actually comes from BlueClaw in Leeds , they use automated tools to spam the internet - if you want them to stop I would suggest emailing fergus@blueclaw.co.uk or calling him on 07930382091 and asking him to stop, apparently they use a tool called scrapebox to spam.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Eslim... thankfully I can't say I've heard from them for a while. Either they've changed their ways, removed us or everything's just falling nicely into our spam folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Internet Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum