AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RFID package

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:56 am    Post subject: RFID package Reply with quote

Iím looking into RFID for some stuff. Is anyone familiar with it? It would be nice if there is some kind of package for it. Like barcode package? Iíd appreciate any help on this.
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Not sure exactly what you're looking to do with RFID, but I used these people a while ago for some neat little (traditional barcode type) label printers, and I know they have an interest in RFID.
http://www.zebra.co.uk/

They seem like quite a good company, interesting products with a decent level of pre-sales/after-sales support.

Might be a good starting point!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the website is not available right now.

When I said ďpackage,Ē I meant some kind of took kit you can purchase at a store like Comp USA. You can create your own tag, you also have some kind of scanner to read it; you have SDK to write to this hardware as well. Barcode has something like this because itís been around for some time now. I donít know about RFID, because it hasnít been around that long.
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - I checked the site when I posted and it was okay, but I see what you mean! In any case, from your reply, I assume you're in the US? If so, www.zebra.com might be more helpful! I don't know too much about the products or services, but perhaps this would be a good starting point for you!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the info. I checked the website briefly and I got the impression that zebra provides a complete solution and/or product set as opposed to RFID alone. Is there any company providing RFID alone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum ē Sport Forum ē Travel Forum