AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When you disable your customer's account(domain)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: When you disable your customer's account(domain)? Reply with quote

Suppose that you have not received monthly payment from your consumer.

q. When do you disable your customer's account(domain)? A week from the day when the customer was supposed to make payment? A month?
NS-Addict
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi foundThroughAdminSig,

First of all you need to ask yourself a few questions,

1) Is this customer a good customer of yours, i.e. does he/she have more than 1 account with you?

2) How long has the person been hosting with you?

3) Are they actually using the website, i.e. have you monitored their traffic to see if they are abusing your service? For all you know they may be out of the country.

4) Have you sent them a notice if so when? And did you make it clear that they have not paid their hosting fee.

Generally we send our clients 3 notices after which we will disable there account, if a satisfactory resolution has not been reached or if we have had no response from the client.

We at NetspaceOnline.net generally give 1 Month for the client to respond.

Hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Addict wrote:
We at NetspaceOnline.net generally give 1 Month for the client to respond.

Hope this helps

Have you given more time to your customer before? If so, why did you give him/her more time?
NS-Addict
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In certain circumstances as mentioned in the 4 points in my last post, yes we have given more time to clients.

For example, we had a customer who had been hosting with us for nearly 2 years, then when his billing was up for renewal he did not contact us, I believe we waited nearly 2 months before he contacted us and confirmed that he was out of the country at the time.

However with NetspaceOnline.net, our clients setup a recurring payment each billing cycle, therefore we do not need to keep contacting them each month. Our system automatically bills the clients.

The only time we contact a client is if there is a billing issue or they wish to adjust there hosting package with us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my account was disabled after automated emails, I would be seriously pissed off, and take my busines elsewhere. Further to this, I woul make sure I did everything in my power to make certain everyone knew what had happened.!

You MUST make personal contact before closing an account down, if you don't, hen you are on thin ice IMO.
NS-Addict
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have too agree, NetspaceOnline.net never send out automated emails when it comes to a serious matter such as accounts being disabled or removed, we always try to contact the client personally using all possible mediums. Whether that be phone, email, fax etc.

I would take account suspension as a very serious matter.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Addict wrote:
I would have too agree, NetspaceOnline.net never send out automated emails when it comes to a serious matter such as accounts being disabled or removed, we always try to contact the client personally using all possible mediums. Whether that be phone, email, fax etc.

I would take account suspension as a very serious matter.

q1. Do you have this stated in your TOS statement?

q2. Do other hosting companies have this stated in their TOS statement?
NS-Addict
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have what stated in our TOS service exactly?

The fact that we don’t send out automated Emails relating to account suspensions or account removals?
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS-Addict wrote:
Do we have what stated in our TOS service exactly?

The fact that we don’t send out automated Emails relating to account suspensions or account removals?

Stuff like how you approach your customer when he/she does not make payment. You contact them via email, via phone, via fax, etc. If you cannot contact them in any way for a month or longer, then you do this and that. That sort of things ...
NS-Addict
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, first of all we do not state this in our TOS, it is a courtesy that we provide to our customers, the last thing they would want would be a load of automated messages.

If after 1 month we cannot contact the client using any medium they have provided and they continue to use the service clearly, then we would have no choice other than to disable the clients account.

However these circumstances will only arise on particular cases, I would like people to note that disabling or removing a client account should be a LAST resort (if all else fails).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum • Sport Forum • Travel Forum