AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


O/T Mam needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 03 Aug 2004
Posts: 218

319 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: O/T Mam needs help Reply with quote

My mam used to live in a council house. She moved out and I lived there with my girlfriend for a further 6 months or so. I moved out and another woman moved in who coincedentally had the same name as my mam. This was over 4 years ago since I lived there and for the last 6 months or so my mam has been receiving letters and phone calls from solicitors and credit companies asking for money for phone bills etc. The money is not owed by my mam but by this other woman with the same name.

The credit companies will not leave my mam alone and keep asking her for money. My dad has spoken (and shouted) at the people on the phone but they insist on asking for money. He also went to see a solicitor the other day but was quoted 100 up front plus 80 per hour just to write these credit agencies a letter. Obviously that's not going to happen.

What can they do about it?
Designer Clothing & Sunglasses
Dropship Forum
The Best UK Deals on The Net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 802
Location: UK
0 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds most unlikely to me that a woman with exactly the same name as your Mam moved into the house. Confused More like she discovered the name of the previous tenant & used it for her own purposes. Find out from the council who she was, and what her real name was. Then you can pass on the details to the credit companies.

You need to get the dates of the outstanding bills from the credit agencies. If they are not dated at the time your Mam lived there, and she can prove she was living somewhere else, there shouldn't be a problem.

She could consult the CAB; they may advise referring it to the police.
Complementary therapies & stress management in the West Midlands
Healing Holistix
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum

Powered by php B B © 2001, 2002 php B B Group

AardvarkBusiness.net Business Search Engine & Directory