AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Being own boss brings benefits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Being own boss brings benefits Reply with quote

It's no secret that finding a job in Chico is not an easy task, but some Chico State students have taken matters into their own hands and decided to be their own bosses. Because they use their own talents and entrepreneurial skills, students are enjoying the benefits that self-employment offers...

Rest of article here.

Aaron
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chico State is known as a party school. Since there is no much to do in Chico, they just party, I guess.
DBeavers
Executive PA
Executive PA

74 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: I chose self-employment... Reply with quote

when I couldn't find a sales job in my local market that would pay a reasonable income without selling cars or insurance.

I took a big leap, moving from gov't employee to self-employed with no retirement or secondary source of income.

I didn't have enough customers to begin with in Nov. '86 and quickly had to take a job, limiting my sales to 'off' hours. By July '87, I had gained more clients and prospects and took the plunge again with much better results.

Except for one Christmas sales job I took over 13 years ago, I've been full-time, self-employed ever since.

Can't imaging converting to employee of someone else, after 18 1/2 years of independence.

Dennis
juliewriter
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Amen! Reply with quote

I wish I'd gone out on my own sooner. I got sick of working for people who had zero experience in my field once I made the leap from newspapers to gov't PR (I'm a former journalist with a master's degree is mass communications). They actually put a FINANCE DIRECTOR in charge of marketing communications who hadn't had a day's experience in advertising, PR or journalism at my old job. No thank you!

Julie
24Hours
Vice President
Vice President

588 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working for yourself is like most other "investments" - the greater the risk you are willing to take on the greater the potential rewards!
John Ashtone
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working for oneself gives you control over more parts of your life and hence more satisfaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Self-Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum